In this episode of Y.E.L. 2.0, your host Peter Voogd, serial entrepreneur, mentor, speaker, best-selling author, husband and father interviews Shaun Clark about the power of consistently innovating and keeping up with the times while talking about his business journey and vision.
- Shaun states that he previously owned a really successful software company that helped small businesses collect money and avoid bankruptcy.
- He elaborates on how he helped a lot of small businesses collect money.
- He had this big customer list of around 1000 small businesses.
- It's not just customer count but also the skills that matter.
- Peter asks Shaun a series of questions including - how would he recommend continuing to adapt and innovate? What are they, as a company doing to continue to stay cutting edge and innovate? Do they have an internal team?
- Peter asks Shaun that what he would suggest an entrepreneur looking to capture leads in 2021.
- As per Shaun, Lead Capture is really important – try Facebook ads, Google ads, etc.
- A lot of small businesses miss out and don't convert a tonne of business that they could.
- Shaun states that leads and ads cost money, so what is needed is to ensure that next step in the process is on point.
3 Key Points:
- Most businesses don't go bankrupt because they have a bad idea or service; they get hit with all the bills from the vendors and then they go bankrupt.
- Magic is created when we work together as a team, as a partnership.
- Ads are the best way to get out in front of somebody for a local business.
- “I think that in the long term, it's by enabling other people's success, you're the multiplier effect and it’s huge, right?” – Shaun Clark
- “So by being good at what we were good at, which is in our case, we think of as Software Engineering, we're able to connect with people really good at the other stuff, which is marketing, sales, storytelling and service, that are as important as engineering.” - Shaun Clark
- “But you're not; it sounds like you guys are never ending trying to improve. You're not, you don't” - Peter Voogd
- “if I can help somebody else of what a stupid decision, I would love to do.” - Shaun Clark
- “Absolutely. That's huge. In terms of high level, obviously you do a lot but is there a single way a lot of people are looking to capture leads right now they're looking for lead generators, lead magnets.” - Peter Voogd
- “The biggest message I would send is not about leads, believe it or not, I would say there's not a local business on the planet, and especially not in North America, who you couldn't drench with leads with some very simple ads overnight.” - Shaun Clark
Resources: Let’s Connect on Social Media:
Follow Peter Voogd: