In this episode of Y.E.L 2.0, your host Peter Voogd shares his tips for how to streamline content across social media platforms to grow your audience and increase engagement.
- Peter has felt overwhelmed by social media in the past and it has stopped him from taking action.
- Figure out who you are in the marketplace.
- There are three types of people: Results, Role model, or Researcher.
- Ideally, you want to be both a results person and a role model.
- To dominate social media, you are ideally all three.
- What are your main messages to get across?
- Next, figure out your main platform to be consistent on—a podcast, a Facebook or YouTube live, LinkedIn, a community page on Facebook, anything.
- When you do one longer form live video, you can then take it and streamline it into multiple pieces of content in snippets on multiple platforms.
- If you can’t take care of your one fan, you’ll never reach 100 fans.
- When creating content, it’s not about you and how you feel on camera; it’s about the audience.
- Be polarizing; the worst thing you can be on camera is boring.
- Repost your successful content a few months later.
3 Key Points
- Identify some main messages that you can rant about on the spot.
- Do not forget the power of one.
- Everything you post is about your audience, not you.
- “We now live in an adapt or die economy. So it’s either go online now and get ahead of the game and start creating real content that engages, or be forced to later when the market is overcrowded.” –Peter Voogd
- “Most people spend the first half of their life saying they’re too young, and the second half saying they’re too old. Most live on ‘Someday Isle’.” –Peter Voogd