In this episode of Y.E.L 2.0, your host Peter Voogd teaches you how to use social media strategically for your benefit and to avoid wasting any time!
- Every second of the day, 11 more people around the world use social media for the first time
- More than half the population of the world averages over 2 hours of social media every day
- Of the average global lifespan of 72 years, based on the average social media time, people will spend over 7 years on social media in their lives
- So many people blindly scroll to look at snapshots of other people’s lives
- Since 1987, depression is up 400% while suicide is up 30% since 2005, reaching its peak in the last year
- Too much comparison leads to a toxic relationship with social media
- It’s important that we maximize our online usage by using it strategically with an end goal in mind
- It’s those times that you feel a need to get on social media that you should resist the most
- While it’s great to consume and learn, without producing and executing, you will only become frustrated
- With so much emphasis on that endorphin spike, it’s vital to turn off all notification when trying to do your best work
- Unfollow and avoid anybody that does not align with the values by which you want to live your life
- Peter knows that when he’s older, he wants less time hustling and spending more time with his kids
- Follow people who you respect because those are the people that you are going to become
3 Key Points
- More than ever before, social media
- Due to the fact that social media only shows snapshots of other people’s best lives, viewers experience a massive amount of anxiety.
- Limiting screen time, producing more than consuming, turning off all notifications, and unfollowing anyone irrelevant to your vision, are the 4 ways to detox from social media.
- “Every second, 11 more people use social media for the first time.” - Peter Voogd
- “It can be your greatest asset or your worst nightmare. That’s the scary thing is there’s no in-between when it comes to social media.” - Peter Voogd
- “Do not open until you have an end result and a time limit.” - Peter Voogd
- “When you’re in the zone, it’s important to stay focused, get as much done as you can, and turn off all notifications.” - Peter Voogd
You can download Peter’s exclusive networking blueprint at https://gamechangersmovement.com/networking - This blueprint will give you the exact scripts Peter uses to get ahold of anybody.