In this episode of “Y.E.L. 2.0”, your host Peter Voogd, serial Entrepreneur, Mentor, Speaker, Best-selling Author, Husband and Father helps people understand how to develop certain skills that allows them to make money for their family. He talks about the importance of living and enjoying life by being fully present in each and every moment.
- Peter states that the only way to enjoy time and make time go by slower is by being fully present.
- He talks about his mentor who has three kids, very successful but he puts his family first and still ensures that his business runs.
- Peter says that he challenged himself for seven days & tried to be fully present with whatever he did.
3 Key Points:
- As per Peter, one of the things that always stood with him that he never understood the power of till he got older was the statement, wherever you are, be there.
- The only way to enjoy and pause time and make time go by slower, is by being present. Fully present like in your breath, smelling the room, paying attention, putting your phone away, etc.
- If you keep yourself fully present in whatever you do then you'll feel a sense of fulfilment and joy that you don't get from being multi-focused or being always on your phone.
- “There's nothing worse than wishing you were somewhere else so wherever you are, be there,” - Peter Voogd
- “Who is world class, who makes $100 million, but never makes time for his family, the kids know who he is, he never missed he never goes to the basketball games he misses everything? Those people I don't respect anymore.” - Peter Voogd
- “Let's not let technology ruin the memories and the presence we have with the people we care about because I promise at the end of our life we're not going to wish we had more transactions.” - Peter Voogd
Resources / Links: