In this episode of Y.E.L 2.0, your host Peter Voogd shares the story behind his first 10 million dollars. From humble beginnings himself, Peter knows what it takes to achieve success from any starting point!
- After dropping out of college, Peter went against everyone’s advice and started a direct-sales business in Tacoma, WA
- Peter sacrificed fun times with his friends in college to build his business
- All Peter wanted was to have something different than the 9-5 schedules that surrounded him growing up
- Slowly, Peter began to realize what it took to build a business and establish an incredible leadership team
- Doing all the wrong things taught Peter what it took to do all the right things
- The most important thing is that you start; you will learn what you need to along the way
- You must constantly seek to expand your capacity as you are learning how to become a great leader
- From doing $140k over 90 hour weeks to over $800k in half the hours just 2 summers later
- Building the right team and becoming a master of his own time fueled Peter to take that big leap
- Escaping reality through drugs, alcohol, or other means will only make your reality worse
- Investing in people and making them feel a part of something will help you build a team that will go to war for you
- Don’t judge anyone by where they are from or their background because you don’t know their potential
- With over 20 rentals to his name now, people don’t realize that Peter lived in 6 or 7 terrible apartments during his growth
- Having an important purpose and mission will give you and others a reason to keep pushing
- Change didn’t come to Peter’s life until he was willing to take responsibility for everything in it
3 Key Points
- While all of his friends were partying in college and enjoying life, Peter decided to move away and build his business.
- Peter was willing to sacrifice weekends, holidays, and time with family to make a real impact on the world.
- Learning how to develop people, master his time, and be more efficient and effective allowed Peter to grow exponentially.
- “You have to start somewhere.” - Peter Voogd
- “I knew nothing about leadership. I knew nothing about success. All I knew was that I wanted something different.” - Peter Voogd
- “The only way to expand your capacity is by taking on more than what you currently think you are capable of.” - Peter Voogd
- “We had such a mission here that people wanted to be a part of it.” - Peter Voogd
- “When you’re on purpose and off yourself, all the successful things will start coming to you.” - Peter Voogd
You can download Peter’s exclusive networking blueprint at https://gamechangersmovement.com/networking - This blueprint will give you the exact scripts Peter uses to get ahold of anybody.