In this episode of Y.E.L 2.0, your host Peter Voogd speaks on what it takes to achieve greatness in both your life and business. This is the roadmap for joining the 1%!
- Too many people make the mistake of waiting for permission from other people
- People who reach for greatness never ask for permission
- High-performers generate their own successful traits, whether they were born with them or not
- Invest your time in something long-term; those who reach greatness have a life obsession that lasts decades
- Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is the ultimate power in life and will allow you to bring in people who complement your weaknesses
- People will never reach their max potential if you have them focus their energy on both their strengths and weaknesses
- No matter the size of your wealth, you must constantly be growing and learning
- Do not let anyone’s opinion control your state of mind, rather, write down what you learn from your experience
- The more that you can fail, the higher your level of success will be if you can stay dedicated to your craft
- Criticism from critics is just a defense mechanism and needs to be ignored
- Failure is just a part of the process of becoming great
- The more you are invested in becoming great at something, the harder it is to give up
- Give up the need to be perfect and to be liked in order to be authentic and test
- You must go above and beyond having a passion for your craft; you must have an obsession to be great
- Focus on one thing, the vital thing that will allow you to be great at that one thing instead of being good at many things
3 Key Points
- Successful traits can be generated, such as energy, courage, productivity, and clarity.
- The most successful people invest themselves in life-long obsessions, never focusing on the day-to-day.
- The most successful people in the world learn from every experience and do not let others’ opinions affect their mindset.
- “When you want something, you go for it.” - Peter Voogd
- “In order to generate something, you have to focus on it long enough until after you’re uncomfortable.” - Peter Voogd
- “Every person you meet and everything you do has a lesson you can learn, it’s up to you to figure out that lesson.” - Peter Voogd
You can download Peter’s exclusive networking blueprint at https://gamechangersmovement.com/networking - This blueprint will give you the exact scripts Peter uses to get ahold of anybody.