In this episode of “Y.E.L. 2.0”, your host Peter Voogd, serial Entrepreneur, Mentor, Speaker, Best-selling Author, Husband, and Father talks about the importance of setting-up routines and schedules. As per him, we need to figure out the most important routines and rituals and based on that our goals.
- Peter gives an example of Design over Willpower stating that how we design our schedule is more important than what is on it.
- We want to place toughest tasks in our business where we have the most willpower.
- He states that the higher we get up in leadership the more people let us down.
- Peter suggests teaching people how they should communicate with us and that we must control our agendas and no other person.
- He talks about 80/20 rule.
- Peter says, as we escape reality, regret increases and hence it’s important to focus on network.
- “What 20% of marketing efforts have yielded 80% of your results for your current business?” questions Peter.
- Peter advises to do some strategic thinking and asks a set of questions to ponder over.
- Peter recommends simplifying schedule to the core values and it will be lot easier.
3 Key Points:
- Peter stresses on designing our schedule for max productivity; we should not waste our willpower as we only have a certain amount of willpower throughout the day.
- He points out that we got to pick and get rid of all the toxic things in our life right away.
- As per Peter, it’s important to figure out what activities yield the highest results/profits and focus on that.
- “So, for example I don’t need junk food anymore, there is just no point having….” Peter Voogd
- “You have to figure out as an entrepreneur what are the most important result focussed tasks in your business.” - Peter Voogd
- “So, you don’t want to make too many decisions that are irrelevant before you do real business, that actually matters” - Peter Voogd
- “When you’re a leader and you’re running a sales, you are let down every day” - Peter Voogd
- “Becoming more valuable should be in your schedule at all times” - Peter Voogd
- “I lose sleep sometimes thinking about how many people don’t invest in themselves and would rather invest in Netflix or material items or sporting events….” - Peter Voogd
- “You don’t’ have to give everyone your time but teach people how to deserve your time.” - Peter Voogd
- “If you have 3 tasks, doing them at the same time makes no sense.” - Peter Voogd
Resources / Links:
Follow Peter Voogd: