On this episode of Young Entrepreneur Lifestyle 2.0, host Peter Voogd talks to former basketball coach Kevin Eastman about his book, Why The Best Are The Best, and the importance of having truth tellers in your life.
- When Kevin wrote his book, the hardest part was figuring out how to simplify it.
- The “success gods” are watching over you every day and looking at how you’re utilizing your success.
- It is important for people to want to hear the truth in order to be successful.
- You have to be able to live something in addition to telling them the truth.
- The best of the best are the most passionate about what they do, but they also understand that passion can only take people so far.
- Kevin talks about Kobe Bryant doing 3 workouts per day in the off season, and how it helped him become superior to the good players who were doing 2 workouts per day.
3 Key Points:
- It is important to surround yourself with people who will tell you the truth if you’re going to be successful.
- There is a difference between having intentions and being intentional.
- You cannot be successful if you’re relying on entitlement; you have to make an investment.
- “You should make all your decisions about who you let into your circle not based on what they do for you, but what they do to you.” - Kevin Eastman
- “I think the world is about share and receive.” - Kevin Eastman
- “Having intentions is, it’s in your mind and you’ll get to it. Intentional is front of mind, and I will get to it.” - Kevin Eastman
- “If you want to be successful, you can’t live in the world of entitlement.” - Kevin Eastman